November 8, 2008

Time for an update!


Ryan getting so big!

He fell asleep in his highchair.

Playing on the floor.

We made these fun turkeys w/foot and hand prints.

Our Pumpkin.
The kids and I.

Nathan ready to play in the snow.
Haley lost another tooth.
Josh and the kids.

Winter has set in! We have about 4 inches or so of snow that has stuck. It's definitely getting colder, 10 degrees as I type this. I've been sewing things again. I made a few more diapers for Ryan and some pants for him as well cut from sweater sleeves. They're cute and warm. I'm working on making the kids some pajamas for Christmas so shhhh. I'm not using any pattern just sort of winging it haha. I love this one website called Craftster, they have all kinds of neat ideas for kids clothes. I've found my hobby for the winter.

Josh is working locally, they have steady work so that's good. No rumors of layoffs this year! Woohoo. He's also doing a side job for one of the guys in the neighborhood who needs some gas pipe ran. So that's going to take up a weekend. We're not doing anything exciting anyway. The lakes aren't thick enough for ice fishing yet. He bought a snowmachine from his boss this summer so he can ride over to Elephant lake (2 miles through the woods & over the tundra) to ice fish.

We had Haley's first parent teacher conference of the year and she's doing so well! She's surpassed all the benchmarks she's supposed to be at so that's awesome and she's one of the best readers in her class. BUT she's a naughty girl on the bus. A note came home with her yesterday saying that she keeps turning around in her seat, the driver has to move her to the front daily and she STILL turns around. Haley explained that she likes to talk to her friends. That's not play time, she can do that at school. Every one's safety is important, we explained to her. Anyway Josh and I decided that she has lost the privilege of riding the bus for a while, I'll be taking her to and from school where she can be safely sitting in her booster seat with a seat belt. She didn't like this idea because she loves riding the bus...a good punishment I thought.

Nathan is talking up a storm and wanting to do things himself. I was asking him to do something yesterday and he was ignoring me. I said "Nathan...Nathan" he turns to me and says "not talking to you". REALLY!? Little stinker! He now poops in the toilet. Not in his underwears, he's pretty proud of that too.

Ryan is 6 months old and eating solid baby food now. He likes to eat! He's sleeping more at night which is nice for me. I long for that first night of sleeping through the whole night though hehehe. He loves to sit in his highchair and bang toys on the tray as loud as he can.

0 comments: