September 9, 2008

3 day potty training?

Yes there is such a thing...well sort of. I kept hearing/reading about this wonderful potty training guide where any child 22 months and over can be potty trained in just 3 days. Michele emailed me the guide (thank you) and we dove into the 3 day PT last Thursday. This method consists of putting your child in underwear and pretty much following them around to catch every little accident and running them to the toilet. By the 3rd day they're supposed to get it. Tons of praise and chocolate chips helped haha. It actually works. Let me tell you the first day was rough and I thought I'd have to call the carpet cleaning guys. It was hard to catch every little accident as I am nursing Ryan. You're not supposed to ask the child if they have to go either, just remind them by asking a million times if their underwear was still dry and praise them if it was. By day 2 Nathan would start to wet a little, stop and say "uh oh wet mom" and we'd run to the bathroom where he'd finish on the toilet. I'm sure proud of my boy. He still has a llittle wetting problem but no full out wet spots on our carpet anymore. Now poop is another issue. I'm still trying to catch when he does that and get him to go on the toilet but over all I think it's safe to say that the 3 day potty training works.

0 comments: